OEC Cycle A Refresher
Classroom OEC refresher.
This year we will once again be conducting a hybrid refresher. Hybrid refresher is composed of three parts, all are equally as important and are required to receive credit for successful completion. OEC Cycle A workbook, attached is a PDF in case it was misplaced or never arrived. Online portion of the refresher will be available after August 1, 2016, more details on that later. Practical in person skills sign off October 14, 2017.
What to bring:
- Completed OEC Cycle A workbook (Attached PDF file)
- OEC Cycle A online portion completed certificate
- Fully stocked patrol belt/vest/backpack
We will have eight skill sign of stations and CPR refresh station. Most of the boring lectures will be covered in the workbook and online portion, come prepared to practice skills.
Your completed workbook and online completion certificate must be completer prior to arrival at OEC refresher. Contact Andrei Menchikov with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-806-6840.
Please read all information below.
Only one more week until the refresher and only 20 patrollers have registered for the refresher. Please call, text or email Andrei with any questions about registering, completing the workbook or online modules: email@example.com,
- NOTICE from NSP: We need to make a change to the online 2017 OEC Refresher A course. Anyone who has started but not completed the course by midnight MST on Sunday, October 8 will need to complete the entire course from the beginning.
What: Lee Canyon Ski Patrol OEC Cycle A Refresher
When: October 14, 2017
Registration starts at 08:00
Where: Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Training Center
633 N. Mojave Ln.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Prior to course: Register for course #F022170011 at www.nsp.org
Completed OEC Cycle A workbook
OEC Cycle A online portion completion certificate
1. Per NSP you must per-register for the course #F022170011 online at www.nsp.org to be included on the roster and receive credit for the course.
2. You must complete the OEC Cycle A On-line Hybrid Refresher and print the completion certificate to bring to the hands-on refresher. Go to your NSP page, and choose the "For Members" blue box on the left. Then choose the last tile in the top row called "Online Learning". Press the big picture where it says: "Click here to enter online learning management system." click "Courses" at top left of screen. Click "2017 Refresher A" Work your way through the modules. 7 modules and takes about 2 hours to complete. At the end you take a survey. Once survey is done, press the "survey module" link and the certificate will appear and can be printed. NSP will also email you the link for the certificate to print from "Blue Sky"
3. You Must Complete refresher workbook for 2017 Cycle A. I will be collecting completed workbooks at the door, workbooks will not be accepted after 9am on the day of the refresher. Attached is a PDF of the workbook.
4. Bring your fully stocked patrol belt/vest/backpack. This is a hands on skills refresher come prepared as if you are taking care of real patients on the hill.
5. Bring a check for your Region and Division dues. Amount due is $34. Checks must be made to LVSSRMP. You will still be required to pay your National dues through the NSP website.
Pray for snow and see you October 14th!!!
633 N. Mojave Ln.
LAS VEGAS, NV 89101